Keyboard Right-click should open selected item

Hi 1Password.

I've been using 1Password for Windows for the last year and the Windows app is getting much better, so thanks a lot!

As a more-keyboard-less-mouse-kinda-guy, I have one feature request, though.

When using the Fill login or Open 1Password popover using Ctrl+Alt+, I almost exclusively use the keyboard to navigate around, except for one scenario.
When I've searched for the entry I need, I need to use the mouse to right click on the entry to get the context menu, such that I can copy the password or 2FA code.
This is due to that when I use the up/down key to find the correct entry, when I use the keyboard shortcut to right-click, the context menu opens on the input field and not the selected entry.

Selected the entry with the up/down keys:

Using the keyboard-right-click opens the context menu on the input field:

Using the mouse-right-click on the entry itself shows the correct context menu.

It would be of very much help to me, if you could make the context menu open on the selected entry instead of on the input field.

Best regards
Jesper

1Password Version: 7.2.580
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @greew,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! Detailed feedback with screenshots is also incredibly helpful, so thank you again. :)

We have plans to improve 1Password extension for 1Password 7 for Windows and add more keyboard shortcuts (+other QoL improvements), so we will need to take a closer look at that keyboard-right-click behaviour. However, I don't have anything specific to share at this point/

Please let us know if there is anything else I can help you with, we are always here for you. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @greew,

I talked about it with my team and we have another idea for you. It seems that you press keyboard-right-click button while being in the top search field of 1Password mini. What you want to do is to press Tab to put the focus truly on the item in the list, then you should see the right context menu.

Could you please give it a try and let me know how it works? Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• greew
    greew
    Community Member

Hi @Greg

Great - that works for me. I just never had to use Tab before, because using the up/down keys looks as though they actually select the entries.

But nevermind that - this works great for me. Thanks for your help! :+1: :chuffed:

Best regards,
    Jesper

• Hi @greew,

This is something we will look to address in a future update.

The tab shouldn't be required but it works properly if you use Shift + F10 but not the actual Windows' shortcut key, we're not sure why Windows treat it differently but we'll look.

When you use the up/down key, you're focusing the item but not selecting them just yet. The gray means they're focused but blue means they're selected, you will notice it changes when you tab.

• greew
    greew
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

The Shift + F10 shortcut works great for me.

I agree that it's weird why the Windows shortcut key works differently, but as long as I know some way that I can use without having to use the mouse, I'm happy about it.

Thanks a lot :chuffed:

Best regards,
    Jesper

• You're welcome!

It turns out that the shortcut key is a system key and it can't be intercepted by us within 1Password mini to change its behavior. We added special handling for Shift + F10 but we can't do the same for the shortcut key.

This discussion has been closed.