Problems updating to 7.2.1

andersextrapost
andersextrapost
Community Member

I'm using OS 10.13.6 on my MBP and currently using version 7.1.2 of 1Password. App Store showed a new update 7.2.1.
But I'm unable to update. Why?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:7.2.1

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You don't say why you are unable to update. But there is a known issue (which I believe will go away after 7.2.1).

If you just quit 1PW using cmd-Q or the like you will be told you are unable to update. You need to quit COMPLETELY (which quits 1PW Mini as well as the main 1PW) using ctrl-option-cmd-Q. and then can update. Of course you may have run into a different problem.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @andersextrapost! It's a bit difficult to say without a little more information. Can you tell us what specifically is not working, and what steps you've taken? Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jorhett! What version of Safari and of macOS are you running currently?

• michaelfrankel
    michaelfrankel
    Community Member

Danco -

I tried your solution - it does NOT work.

Can I simply download 7.2.1 and install it on top of 7.1.2 (my current version)? For reference, the docs say Mac OS 10.12.6 is the minimum, which is what I'm running.

And I'm NOT running the MacApp Store version.

--
    Michael Frankel
    Wizard Consulting Group, Inc.

• @michaelfrankel,

Yes, you can simply download and manually install it. We are holding the 7.2 releases back from 10.13 and 10.12 to give people time to update to Safari 12, which is a requirement for using the Safari extension 7.2. Once we feel enough time has passed from Safari 12's release we will remove the flag from the updates server and 7.2 will go to everyone, Safari 11 users and all.

• michaelfrankel
    michaelfrankel
    Community Member

So, Rudy, if I'm already running Safari 12, it's basically just a simple install on-top of what I already have, correct?

• @michaelfrankel,

Yup, it'll install right over what you have already. You may or may not need to go turn on the extension in Safari's preferences window, but it will show as being from version 7.2.1 versus the old extension which was probably 4.7.3.

• michaelfrankel
    michaelfrankel
    Community Member

Thanks, Rudy. Installed right over the old one, extension updated and no further action required.

Thank You.

• On behalf of Rudy you’re most welcome. Thanks for the update. :+1:

Ben

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jorhett - You're quite right. I mentioned Safari and asked about your macOS version because the only reason I can think of off the top of my head why you wouldn't be able to update to 7.2 is exactly what rudy said above: we're holding the 7.2 releases back from 10.13 and 10.12 to give people time to update to Safari 12. If you're using another browser and on Mojave anyway, that's clearly not the issue. :)

Which makes me wonder what might be going on -- the first thing I'd ask you to do is restart your Mac and re-launch 1Password after restart, then check the version number again. If you still see 7.1.2, let us know and we'll go from there. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1: Will wait to hear from you.

This discussion has been closed.