1Password 7 - sidebar font size

Options
Paco II
Paco II
Community Member

Newly upgraded to 1Password 7, and immediately noticed the reduced font size of the sidebar items, as compared to 1P6. Please consider notching that up a little, or a font size option. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• julieta
    julieta
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Paco II Nice to meet you.
    We can consider doing it in the future, but it can't be changed right now.
    What I can offer you a technically a solution, which is setting largest text in OS Preferences/Display/Open Display Preferences... Select Scaled and the Larger Text.

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @julieta , I hope you will take that as a feature request then. The sidebar font size is noticeably smaller in v7. Changing resolution for my display is not a solution for me as I do not have this issue with any other applications I use. Thanks!!

• julieta
    julieta
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Paco II I file this as feature request. I hope we can include this soon.

• TonyHall
    TonyHall
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Just to add to this - 1Password still doesn't honour the System Preference > General > Sidebar icon size setting.

I have this set to Small in order to provide a higher density of information in the Finder sidebars. Unfortunately 1Password reduces the size of its sidebar text, but not the icons or spacing - which is pointless.

I mentioned this anomaly very early in the 1P7 betas (before general release), it was acknowledged, but sadly nothing has been done. If there isn't a smaller or more condensed icon layout available under this System Preference setting then it would be best to ignore it and not make the text smaller.

Below is a screen shot showing 1P's sidebar with the setting at Small and Medium.

• Thanks @Paco II and @TonyHall ! We are currently following the macOS system setting for text size in the sidebar and I think we want to stick with that as it makes it fit in better with the system and other features. We are looking into increasing the contrast to help with readability and resizing the icons to match the system setting as well. I greatly appreciate the feedback so thanks again and we will definitely keep working on improving things.

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, kind of funny but didn't realize the sidebar size was controlled by the System preferences. Thanks @TonyHall for that pointer!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.