Safari Mojave - "execution error: not authorised to send Apple events to System Events"

phowardstutterheim
phowardstutterheim
Community Member

After installing Mohave, ever since installing the 1Password extension in Safari, I receive the following error message: "The operation couldn't be completed. / users /.... agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/1Password_Sutosubmit.scpt: 140:156: execution error: Not authorised to send Apple events to System Events (-1743). I am still able to use 1Password, but only after clicking "OK" on this same error window. This is annoying - what's happening please, and how can I get rid of this?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

@phowardstutterheim: Correct. With the release of Safari 12 and Mohave, it isn't allowed to send keystrokes, so Autosubmit is not available. If you disable that in (Edit: 1Password) Preferences > Browsers you will no longer get the error.

• phowardstutterheim
    phowardstutterheim
    Community Member

Thanks, fixed it. Note for others: he's talking about 1Password preferences, not Safari or Mac preferences.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@phowardstutterheim: Ah! Glad to hear it. And right you are! Thanks for the feedback. I should have been clearer. <3

• yosappy
    yosappy
    Community Member

But, I LIKE AutoSubmit. Can't I FIX IT so that it works again?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No.

• Buchsee
    Buchsee
    Community Member

I have the same problem However, I cannot find an "edit" or a "Browser" option in the 1password preferences which I are assume are the Chrome preferences when I am signed into 1Password. Could you help me navigate to the correct options from the 1password.com/home page.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Buchsee: I'm not sure what to tell you without some any information about your setup. Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.