Is there a way to manage Watchtower alerts?

billj
billj
Community Member

There are a number of items in my 1Password database for which I've very intentionally used the same password. But Watchtower still flags these items with the big, red Reused Password banner. I appreciate the warning, but is there any way to turn it off for items which I want to use "duplicate" passwords?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.1 (70201002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.0
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@billj - not yet, there isn't. A beta update addressing some of the issues being reported about password reuse will be available within the next few days. We’d love to hear your feedback on the changes when they roll out.

To install the beta version, please visit our Downloads page, or click this direct link: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM7/Y

• rickywray
    rickywray
    Community Member

Hi, Is the full version available yet or is it still beta?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @rickywray! Version 7.2.2 is the one I was referring to, and it has been out for a couple of weeks now. You should be able to get it by clicking File > Check for Updates, if you haven't already.

• rickywray
    rickywray
    Community Member

Thanks. I'm running 7.1.2 and check for updates reports that I'm up to date. Can you double check you meant 7.2.2 and not 7.1.2?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rickywray - what version of macOS are you running? If you're still on macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”), then that'll be the reason 1Password is reporting 7.1.2 as the current version. Safari is the most common browser on Macs (for obvious reasons), and in Safari 12, major changes to the extensions format were made by Apple. Without getting too into the weeds on it, the bottom line is that the type of extension we've all been using for years is being retired in favor of a new format. macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) ships with Safari 12 as the default, so in version 7.2 of 1Password for Mac, we switched from including the older style of extension to the newer one. However, on earlier versions of macOS, Safari 12 is still an optional install. That means, if you a) use Safari (which most Mac users do) and b) you're still on High Sierra or earlier, and c) you haven't yet installed the new Safari 12, then if you upgrade to version 7.2 or higher of 1Password for Mac, you instantly lose the ability to use 1Password in Safari...because 7.2 ships with the new extension, which is not compatible with older versions of Safari. So our updater checks your version of macOS, and if it finds pre-Mojave, it will only update you as far as 7.1.2. However, as I mentioned to billj, anyone is free to visit our downloads page and grab the current version. If you've already installed Safari 12, or you don't use Safari, it won't negatively affect you to do so. If you're still rocking High Sierra or earlier and Safari 11 or earlier, then I wouldn't suggest it.

This discussion has been closed.