1Password 7 fills fields but doesn't "press enter"

Options
LondonTube
LondonTube
Community Member

I'm using a Mac with latest version of Mojave, latest version of 1Password and latest version of the 1Password extension in latest version of Safari.

Since the update to 1Password 7 everything is still working OK but after filling the fields it no longer does the equivalent of a carriage return or pressing Enter like it used to. You have to manually do that now. Any ideas?

Thanks
Martijn

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LondonTube: Sorry for the confusion. That's intentional. Autosubmit was removed, as there is not a reliable alternative, at least programmatically. Fortunately we go to a lot of trouble to have 1Password leaves focus in the password field after filling, so in the vast majority of cases you can simply press Return to submit the form. Cheers! :)

• thu75
    thu75
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, for me it worked like a charm before. Even after weeks of having upgraded from 6 to 7 I still catch myself waiting before realizing that I have to press "enter" now on my own. What is the benefit of removing a feature instead of letting the user decide wether to use it or not (with the previous "Submit Logins" option)? If the option would be available as a checkbox per login item (maybe marking as experimental) and by default disabled you could even satisfy your needs of offering only reliable services by default and helping the more adventurous customers to optimize their workflow at the same time. Or do I get something wrong?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thu75: Certainly it "worked like a charm" for some people, depending on the specific websites used. But there were many, many cases where it either didn't work at all, or, worse, caused serious problems (websites with CAPTCHAs, account lockout resulting from bad form submissions on sites with "interesting" login processes, etc.) There's been a fairly extensive discussion on this topic already if you're interested, but, long story short, autosubmit is gone and its not coming back.

• paulbartell
    paulbartell
    Community Member
    Options

I'm now on the latest Mojave but still slogging along with 1Password 6.8.9. This applies to retro versions of 1P?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @paulbartell

My understanding is that this will apply with Mojave + 1Password 6, particularly when using Safari, yes.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.