Problem syncing master Password on a Mac Mini running High Sierra

Options
laketahoebob
laketahoebob
Community Member

I was using 1Password 6+ and downloaded 7.2 without realizing I would have to pay for it. Is there a way to go back to my 6+ version?
Also, I use 1Password on my Mac Pro, a MacBook Pro and a Mac Mini. The Mac Mini 1password installation will not open with my PASSWORD even though it opens 1password on the Mac Pro and the MacBook Pro. Any ideas?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• laketahoebob
    laketahoebob
    Community Member
    Options

Actually was using 1Password 6.8.8

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I was using 1Password 6+ and downloaded 7.2 without realizing I would have to pay for it. Is there a way to go back to my 6+ version?

@laketahoebob: You can get old versions of 1Password from our update site: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/

Also, I use 1Password on my Mac Pro, a MacBook Pro and a Mac Mini. The Mac Mini 1password installation will not open with my PASSWORD even though it opens 1password on the Mac Pro and the MacBook Pro. Any ideas?

1Password doesn't save your Master Password in your vault, so it cannot sync. If you've changed the Master Password used to encrypt the data, you'd need to unlock using the "old" Master Password on your other devices so that the data syncs, and then it can be unlocked using the Master Password going forward.

• laketahoebob
    laketahoebob
    Community Member
    Options

Now I have a problem removing v7 1Password. It's always open. Also it is refusing to work in Firefox. What is changing with your product? I have been using it since v1 and now it's giving me nothing but problems. And what is this secret key that I cannot find on any Mac/Apple device I own?????

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@laketahoebob: It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com.

As for the rest, I don't know what "problem removing v7 1Password" or "refusing to work in Firefox" means. Can you provide any details? The OS, browser, and extension versions involved as well as the exact steps you're taking and the issue you're encountering would help. Otherwise I'd just be making wild (and likely incorrect) guesses.

• laketahoebob
    laketahoebob
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I finally got everything working. I had to download 6.8.9, use my old PW that I found with some difficulty and then sync with my icloud vault. Thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update! It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you have any questions. :)

• Amos1
    Amos1
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: double checked: my iPhone 5c has iOS 12.0.1 Thanks again for your help,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Let's continue the conversation in the other thread.

This discussion has been closed.