Using 1Password X with Chrome on Windows 7 machine.

Chrome Version: 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1Password X is not locking when I lock Windows 7. When I return and re-authenticate, 1Password X is still unlocked.

I realise that if I shutdown Chrome that will automatically lock 1Password X however, I want it to replicate the locking actions that the application has, i.e. if the machine is locked, 1Password is locked and re-authentication has to occur in order to use 1Password X again.

Refer to the attachment (1Password X Security Settings.JPG) for details of my Security Settings

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.12.2 (build #20036)
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Serv
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password x lock when device goes to sleep

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ausernie: I'm sorry that you're having trouble! I think at least part of that is because you're running such an outdated version of Chrome though. 61 is over a year old. Please install the current version:

https://www.google.com/chrome/

If you're still having trouble, we'll have to dig deeper into why your system isn't reporting its idle status properly. 1Password X should, however, remain unlocked if you're not sleeping the PC, and if the idle timer has not yet been met. Let me know what you find!

• ausernie
    ausernie
    Community Member

Hello Brenty,

I was using the version of Chrome packaged for use at the company I am working for however, I have managed to upgrade the version of Chrome to Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit) but the problem persists.

After upgrading Chrome I unlocked 1Password X and, once it was unlocked, locked my desktop. When I logged back in 1Password X was still unlocked.

I unloaded the 1Password extension and reinstalled it then repeated the test. Same result.

Just to be clear, when you say "you're not sleeping the PC" do you mean that I haven't activated the screensaver or suspended the computer? What does "Lock when device goes to sleep" actually mean in the 1Password settings?

If I lock my laptop I would expect 1Password to be automatically locked and that I will have to unlock it again once I have unlocked my laptop and next use Chrome; even if Chrome has been open. Is what I am trying to do - have 1Password lock whenever the laptop is locked - supported functionality?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for clarifying. 1Password X, like anything running in the browser, is sandboxed, so it doesn't have direct access to the OS to detect things like "locking", sleep, wake, activity, etc. We rely on the browser for that and, indirectly, the OS, which the browser itself can poll to some extent. So you'll get more granular control using the 1Password desktop app/extension:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

• ausernie
    ausernie
    Community Member

Thanks for the response brenty.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! If you need anything else, just let us know. Have a great weekend! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.