"Unlock 1password to save this login"

sixbillships
sixbillships
Community Member

For the past few weeks, I'm receiving frequent prompts to "Unlock 1password to save this login" in Safari v12.0.1 on websites for which I already have saved credentials in 1Password. I'm using 1P 7.2.1 directly from Agilebits on a MacBook Pro with Touchbar running macOS 10.13.6.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sixbillships - I'm sorry for the trouble! Can you tell me what steps you're taking, specifically, that result in this problem? Are you entering your item details manually into these websites? Is 1Password unlocked when you're doing this? Do you have more than one version of 1Password for Mac installed on your Mac or any of the attached external drives? What version of 1Password extension do you have installed in your browesr(s)?

• sixbillships
    sixbillships
    Community Member

I'll have to wait until/if it happens again to answer most of your questions. I can tell you that I'm using 1P 7.2.1 app/plugin purchased directly from Agilebits.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sixbillships - OK, I'll wait to hear from you. I can tell you that if you haven't yet unlocked 1Password for a session, it will prompt you to unlock because 1Password cannot know what's inside it until it's unlocked (decrypted), and it wants to make sure you don't miss saving an item you might have wanted to save -- you can solve this by unlocking 1Password.

• sixbillships
    sixbillships
    Community Member

That seems to be what's happening, but I've never experienced this behavior until recently. It just happened first thing this morning, so 1P has not been unlocked yet and is on the same website that it occurred previously, which makes it even more confusing to see. Maybe the message "Unlock 1Password to save this login" should be changed so it's clearer about what is actually happening.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sixbillships - thanks for the feedback; glad we were able to figure out what's going on. :)

This discussion has been closed.