Repeatedly asked to save password every time I log into US Bank

Options
rjschusterman
rjschusterman
Community Member

Every time I sign in to US Bank with my iCloud keychain or manually, 1Password asks me if I want to create a new password or update an existing password for this website. The correct password already exists in 1Password. Why does it keep asking me every time I login to US Bank to save a password that it already has?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rjschusterman - that's likely one of two reasons: either you don't have the correct login URL saved in the Login item for US Bank, or US Bank is using javascript that tricks 1Password into thinking it's a new page/item.

What I'd do is write down your sign-in credentials briefly, then delete the Login item you have saved for US Bank in 1Password, then use these instructions to manually save a new Login item for US Bank. See if that solves the problem. If not, then it's likely to be something we can't easily address, at which point my question would be: why do you use iCloud or typing to enter a site for which you have a Login item already saved in 1Password? 1Password will not ask you to save or edit an item if you're using an existing 1Password item to sign in. Obviously, you're free to sign in however you'd like, but one easy way to prevent this if the above fails is to use the Login item you have saved to have 1Password do the work for you. That's what it's for, after all. :)

This discussion has been closed.