Watchtower Report

HKBurke
HKBurke
Community Member

Hi,
Watchtower report tells me i have 4 entry's that have not been validated for 2FA.
Bur yet they are enabled and have used 2FA for each of them?

Any ideas what the issue is?

Thanks

Hal

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@HKBurke - yes, that probably means you have used another device/method (such as SMS or another authentication tool) to activate 2FA for those items. Could that be the case? If so, that'll be the reason: 1Password can't read your mind; it can only check the Login items you have against a list of sites known to have 2FA abilities, then check your 1Password item for those sites to see if you've added 2FA there. If you have not -- because you used another method -- then 1Password will report 2FA as available but inactive...because it IS, in 1Password.

You can solve this two ways:

1. You can disable 2FA in the alternate method briefly, then set up 2FA again using 1Password. This will then pass the internal check: 2FA is available, and it is active in 1Password.
    2. If you can't or don't want to disable your alternative method of 2FA, you can edit the record(s) in question and add the following tag: 2FA, which will serve to suppress the banner, letting 1Password "know" you have 2FA enabled a different way.
  • HKBurke
    HKBurke
    Community Member

Lars,

Thank you. #2 worked for me.

Best

Hal

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@HKBurke - glad to hear it! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.