How to delete all Logins?

jvagner
jvagner
Community Member

Longtime (unhappy) LastPass user here, first day on 1Password hasn't been all that smooth.

Here are my two issues:

• exported LP entries
  • file imported LP entries into 1P
  • there were missing logins in 1P, for some reason
  • copy-and-pasted CSV file contents into 1P, which caught the missing entries
  • now I have a lot of duplicate entries in 1P
  • can't figure out how to mass delete all entries in 1P so I can re-CSV import logins

Three questions, then:
1. How do I mass delete all logins in 1P, via web or Mac app? When selecting a Login in Mac app, it seems to open the entry, as opposed to selecting the entry, so I can mass select and then delete
2. One thing LP does better, so far, is highlight form fields on pages where it thinks there's a match... can 1P do that too?
3. Why is a file import not catching all entries that a paste of same content does?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:delete all logins

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jvagner! Glad to have you here. You can mass-delete items in 1Password for Mac by making sure you're on All Items, then simply selecting any item and typing ⌘A to select all, then control-click and choose "Move to trash." You should probably delete the items from the trash once you've done that, to avoid confusion down the road.

I'm not entirely sure why File > Import would capture some but not all of your data, if you're using the same CSV file as a source, but it may be that you've got some items in a structure that 1Password just doesn't understand.

Unfortunately, without a bit more information, it'll be hard to say exactly what might be wrong and how we might best help. Can you tell us your specific version of 1Password for Mac, of macOS, and what method you're using to sync your data (iCloud? 1Password account? Dropbox?). Thanks in advance.

• jvagner
    jvagner
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

Per:
    [You can mass-delete items in 1Password for Mac by making sure you're on All Items, then simply selecting any item and typing ⌘A to select all, then control-click and choose "Move to trash."]

I don't seem to be able to do this.. First of all, where's "All Items"? I have "Logins", but if you click on anything listed in Logins, it "Open & Fill"-s it... you can't select. And there's no menu bar menu, so I don't seem to be able to navigate to anything like All Items, I can only search. Am I missing something?

Screenshot of what I see:

• jvagner
    jvagner
    Community Member

Oh, if you use Spotlight Search to launch 1Password7, it's different than the dialogue that's brought up by the menu bar icon.

Madness!

Why not link the two or mention that there's two modalities to the app!?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jvagner - this is how 1Password has worked for years, so I'm not sure "madness" is the right description, but OK. The main 1Password app is different from the mini, yes. If you open the main app, you will find the instructions I gave to be easy to follow. Let me know if that's not the case, though -- we're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.