New keyboard shortcuts feature not working

Options
TobbenTM
TobbenTM
Community Member
edited November 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Today I noticed some new behaviour in the app, namely the keyboard shortcuts:

I have a couple of problems with this:

• I cannot turn the shortcut for "Fill login or show.." off (why? - the lock keybind allows it)
  • Having the default keybind be \ is extremely annoying, as it intereferes in my ability to type ´ (Using Alt Gr + \)
  • After rebinding to a more sane "key" it doesn't work at all (does it not respect numpad keys?)

Could you please consider implementing actual native keybinding, so we can choose whatever native keybinds we want, instead of this quasi-implementation that doesn't really work?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WIndows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @TobbenTM,

Thanks for writing in.

We will add the full keyboard shortcut customization support in a future update to 1Password and you'd be able to selectively disable them as well. In addition, showing 1Password mini and filling Logins will be two separate shortcuts instead of one right now.

The reason we don't have it now is because we found some edge cases in our last attempt that makes it difficult to change shortcuts with the UI library we were using. So, rather than shipping an unstable implementation that may end up with broken shortcuts, we shipped something we can enforce with very limited shortcuts that we can reliably create. That's why it cannot be disabled yet, it would cause more edge cases.

Having the default keybind be \ is extremely annoying, as it intereferes in my ability to type ´ (Using Alt Gr + )

It is the default shortcut we use for the past decade on both Windows and macOS, so that won't change but once we add the full shortcut implementation, it will not be an issue anymore.

However, we do default to AltGr + # on certain locales that has issues with AltGR+\. Which locale are you using? We do it for German, French and Spanish, if I recall correctly.

After rebinding to a more sane "key" it doesn't work at all (does it not respect numpad keys?)

It is up to how Windows treat the numpad, it may tell us something else that doesn't map correctly. In almost all cases outside of English locale, # works, Try that and see if it helps.

• TobbenTM
    TobbenTM
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @MikeT, thanks for the quick reply.

I'm using the Norwegian locale, though I suspect all nordic countries will have the same keyboard layout.

# doesn't really fit either, as you already have to use a modifier key to use it (Shift + 3).

• Hi @TobbenTM,

Ah, I don't think we had anyone from Nordic report this, so we thought # would work on the same location without a third modifier.

Unfortunately, you're limited to any keys on the first layer of the main keyboard without numpad and without using a third modifier like shift or alt.

This discussion has been closed.