1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@buzz1932 - I'm sorry for the trouble. What password are you trying to (re)generate? If it's a password for one of your Login items, you can change those right within the item. If it's your Master Password, you'll need to do that either in Preferences > Security or at your 1password.com account in a browser. Can you be a little more specific, so I know how to help?

• buzz1932
    buzz1932
    Community Member

Thank you, I should have posted the question differently. I looked in the main menu and I finally found it in the "mini menu." One should never assume when it comes to figuring the workings of a computer program. I have been using OP for years and I am finally getting around to learning many of the things that can be accomplished with it. Thanks again, Roger

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@buzz1932 - great, I'm glad you were able to find what you were looking for. :)

To be clear, you can generate a new password from either the main app or the mini -- in the main app, click Edit on any of your Login items you want to change the password for, and then click the gear icon next to the saved password. This will bring up the password generator. But be careful when you do it that way, as you will not have changed the password in the actual website, only changed it in 1Password itself. Remember to use the above instructions for changing passwords at websites. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.