Lost all passwords after upgrading to version 7

stanleyng
stanleyng
Community Member

Hello, I recently upgraded my MacBook Air to macOS Mojave 10.14.1. I have 1Password version 3.8.22 and it would not launch anymore so I assumed it was time to finally upgrade.

I downloaded the version 7 application (no subscription for me, thanks) and paid my $50 USD. When I launched version 7, I got the prompt to convert the legacy agile format, which I allowed it to do. Everything seemed install properly as there were no error messages. However, I do not see any of my passwords, it seems my vault is empty!

Did I lose all my passwords?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @stanleyng! I'm sorry for the trouble. Version 3.8.22 is very old at this point, and we've actually got a special set of instructions for upgrading from a version that old. It sounds as if you may have been following these instructions (though I can't tell for certain). Can you please restart your Mac, and let me know if that resolves the issue?

(to be clear, you have not lost all your passwords; if nothing else, they remain in 1Password 3 for Mac where they were previously)

• stanleyng
    stanleyng
    Community Member

Hello, thank you for the response. 1Password 3.8.22 wouldn't launch after entering my master password and it generated an error. So I can't follow you special set of instructions exactly. However, I did trash the app.

Yes, I have restarted my Mac. After entering my master password (which still works), I only see 1 item in my vault.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@stanleyng - OK, thanks. Please resume with step four of these instructions. Let me know how you get on! :)

• stanleyng
    stanleyng
    Community Member

Where is the file location for 1Password 3 vault? I can't seem to find it. I may need to restore from a backup.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@stanleyng - in 1Password 3 for Mac there's no straightforward answer to that question; it could have been wherever you selected. It might have been in Dropbox, or (if you left it at the default) it would be in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password. Do a Spotlight search on your Mac for agilekeychain and see where you have any of these files.

• stanleyng
    stanleyng
    Community Member

Hello Lars. I found it and was able to import successfully. I can now see all my passwords. Thank you very much for your assistance.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@stanleyng - you're quite welcome. :) Glad I was able to help!

This discussion has been closed.