I have no idea what I am doing and need help

Sageantes
Sageantes
Community Member

I dont find this system easy to use as advertised. Reading through 2000 suggestions looses me. I have no idea if I have an account or whatever else you call it. When I tried to log in to the system, it tells me that I dont have an account or that my email is not recognized, and yet I have registered something with you. I have a screen shot of that but dont know how to attach it to this cry for help.
I am obviously not computer literate enough to understand your languages or instructions, because when trying to do as instructed I am ending up with confusion. I have no idea if 1Password is protecting me or not.
So to cut a looong story short, I need some direct help to set myself up

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Sageantes! I'm sorry for the confusion. You shouldn't have to read through 2000 suggestions; I'm not even sure where you're seeing something like that. But regardless, I'm here to help. You attach screenshots in the forum by clicking the far-right icon (the one that looks a bit like a picture) and then dragging and dropping your screenshot, like this:

Having an account on this forum is not the same thing as having an actual 1password.com account -- this is only a discussion forum for users and us (staff) to talk about 1Password issues. Can you post your screenshot and maybe tell us what steps you've taken so far and what's not working the way you expect? Thanks.

• Sageantes
    Sageantes
    Community Member

Hello Lars,
    Talk about being confused. Ok I managed to sort that one out, it was in fact trying to use the 1 password on the forum and obviously by blind luck I managed to get that sorted. I obviously dont read the instructions carefully enough.
    My issue now is that the 1Password App has indicated that there is an upgrade and I am trying to get that downloaded, it has hung for a long long time and I suspect it is the slow internet connection that is to blame. So have tried to restart my iMac and am trying to download the App again as I type. It tells me that there is 5.6Mb of 29.6Mbdownloaded and that it will take another 55 mins to download the rest. I must be patient and hopefully will get that done first and see if it resolves the main problem.
    The issue that started this off, I had downloaded 1Password, then found that I must download the extensions for the browsers, I use Safari and Chrome, mainly Chrome but sometimes Safari. So when I tried to download those extensions, was when I kept getting the message that my email address was not recognized and that the account had been deleted.
    Once the App has updated and it has successfully downloaded, I will try and see if it is working. I am totally confused about how to go about updating all my passwords, I do not understand the instructions. But will approach that once I can get to grips with what a vault is and which one I need to use. Thank you for at least coming back to me. I hope you have a lot of patience.

Regards

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Sageantes

The issue that started this off, I had downloaded 1Password, then found that I must download the extensions for the browsers, I use Safari and Chrome, mainly Chrome but sometimes Safari. So when I tried to download those extensions, was when I kept getting the message that my email address was not recognized and that the account had been deleted.

I'm not sure why that would be occurring; you can visit our downloads page, scroll down, and get direct links to download all our browser extensions without having to enter your email address. Let me know how things go. :)

This discussion has been closed.