Force sync of chrome extension?

jorgelr
jorgelr
Community Member

Hey

I'm not getting my chrome extension to sync, when passwords have changed. They are fine in the osx app, and I can copy them from there, but the browser extension does not have the updated state.

These are passwords I changed two days ago on a different computer.

Is there a way to force the extension to sync?

regards
Jorg

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 1.12.3
OS Version: OSX 10.14
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jorgelr - I'm sorry for the trouble. If you're using version 1.12.3 of the Chrome extension, that means you're using 1Password X. This is our newest extension, and it works directly with your 1password.com data on the 1password.com servers...but it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what's in 1Password for Mac.

Please open 1Password for Mac and tell me what you see in Preferences > Vaults -- the number, and the names of your vaults. If you have a vault called Primary, that's a local (standalone) vault and it's not part of your 1password.com account, which is why you don't see its items in 1Password X. Can you let me know? Thanks.

• jorgelr
    jorgelr
    Community Member

Hey

Thanks for the quick reply!

This is what I see in 1Password for Mac:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jorgelr - OK, so you've only got your 1password.com account inside 1Password for Mac, that's good. Can you tell me, in 1Password for Mac, are you able to see the changed passwords there? You said you changed the passwords "on another computer." Did you do that via 1password.com, or some other way? What happens if you visit your account in a browser and look there? Do you see the changed passwords?

• jorgelr
    jorgelr
    Community Member

The other computer is my work-mac. It has the extension as well, and the updated passwords. But hm. I don't know if you performed remote magic now. But between the first message I wrote, and this one, the sync must have happened. Because now, the chrome ext, and the native client agree:) Success!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jorgelr - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I could help you get things squared away, but if the problem righted itself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

Keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

• kidsalsa
    kidsalsa
    Community Member

I just changed a password in 1password.com and it is not updating in the 1password x chrome extension. Usually, it does in a few minutes. But it isn't this time. Is there anywhere in the chrome extension where I can force it to sync with 1password.com?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kidsalsa - I'm sorry for the trouble. Locking and unlocking 1Password X should force a sync. If that doesn't work, make sure you're checking the same vault as the one you created the item in at 1password.com, and that you've got an active internet connection on the device that's using 1Password X. Let me know what you discover.

• kidsalsa
    kidsalsa
    Community Member

@Lars I just checked it again, and it has synched now. Not sure why it took so long this time. The scenario that brought this about is that I had logged into a website and the website forced me to update my password. When I did this, 1password didn't detect that this was a password update and so I went into 1password x found the login item for the website, clicked edit, which then took me to 1password.com and I pasted in the new password into the login item at 1password.com. Whenever I update a password I immediately log out of the website and log back in with the new credentials. But this time that process didn't work because the 1password x chrome extension did not have the updated password from 1password.com. I knew I was dealing with the same login item in both 1password.com and 1password x chrome extension because I was merely clicking "Edit" in 1password x chrome extension which was opening it for me in 1password.com. So I don't think it could have been an issue with being in the wrong vault or somehow looking at the wrong login item. But as I said, it's all good now. I just provided that explanation as feedback on the situation I was dealing with. Thanks for your speedy reply.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kidsalsa - thanks for the additional information, and I'm glad to hear things are back to normal for now. Keep an eye on things and let me know if the problem recurs or you have any additional issues. :)

This discussion has been closed.