Difference between 1Password 6 VS 7 . ??

Options
user99funny
user99funny
Community Member

What are the differences between 1Password 6 VS 7 . ??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@user99funny: You can find a good overview of the headline features of 1Password 7 in the announcement:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

And we've got more information on our support site as well:

1Password 7 for Mac

Watchtower 2.0 is the big one for me, and support for Apple's latest browser, Safari 12, with the new Safari App Extension is something I benefit from constantly without giving it much thought. Drag and drop for not only items but also passwords, to sort of "fill" them almost anywhere, is super convenient. And while it's been a bit divisive (so we've added a preference for it in the latest version), I really like using Markdown formatting in my Secure Notes. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@user99funny: Sure! grab it from our website:

https://1password.com/downloads/

It will be in "read only" mode without a license, and if you like it you can purchase from within the app to remove that restriction. The license will never expire, so you'll be able to use that version on all of your Macs indefinitely, provided they're compatible. Cheers! :)

• Ben
    Options

Yes.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@user99funny: I think maybe you meant "Ben", since I have perhaps been a bit too verbose in my replies. :lol: I'm not sure what you're looking for though. You asked a very straightforward yes or no question:

Read Only, Does that mean you can't save any Passwords?

To which Ben replied, "Yes." Also, I think, very straightforward. But, put more verbosely, no you cannot modify data when it is read only. Does that help?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We have:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

And we continue to tell anyone who asks. We're not going to take out an ad in the Times promoting only licenses though, if that's what you had in mind. :tongue:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're not going to try to sell licenses to people who don't care about them and just want to use 1Password across all their devices seamlessly. Which is most people. Which is why we don't promote licenses. That would be like Apple making prime time ads for the iPod Touch in 2018. They still sell those, believe it or not. And people who want them can buy them.

Also, namecalling or any form of harassment is against the terms of service you agreed to when signing up for a forum account:

Forum guidelines

Please keep that in mind before commenting further. We're happy to have you here, so long as you can adhere to the guidelines. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.