This copy of 1Password cannot open your data. The most likely cause is insufficient permissions

lyleand
lyleand
Community Member

I think I messed up my computer settings. Cannot open 1 password and some other apps.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:This copy of 1Password cannot open your data. The most likely cause is insufficient permissions, and not a problem with the data itself.

Comments

• lyleand
    lyleand
    Community Member

Cannot open 1password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:This copy of 1Password cannot open your data. The most likely cause is insufficient permissions, and not a problem with the data itself.

• lyleand
    lyleand
    Community Member

I cannot open 1Password.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @lyleand! I'm sorry for the trouble. I'd like to be able to help you - and I will, if I can - but without a little more information, that's going to be difficult. Can you tell us:

• the specific version of 1Password you have installed (both the one you had installed previously, and the one you updated to),
    • the specific version of macOS you have installed
    • the specific version of 1Password extension you're using in both Safari and Chrome (or whatever the most-recent one was)
    • the specific version of browser you're using (both Safari and Chrome)
    • what steps you took and where things went wrong - did you get any error messages? Anything else you noticed that seemed relevant to you? How many of your other applications are not working - and what do you mean when you say you cannot open 1Password -- does the app itself not launch? Or can you launch it but not unlock your data? Or something else? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.