I bought 1Password (4 I guess) in the App Store a few years ago. How do I install on a new Mac?

I'm happy with the old version, but in the App Store I only find "1Password 7" in my purchase history. Installing the older version from your website works, but I don't have a license file. What can I do if I didn't want to upgrade? thx in advance.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 4

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @DerekZ,

Not upgrading isn't really a long term option that should be considered. 1Password is constantly being updated. We don't do that for our health. ;) It would be much more more profitable if we could write code once, sell it, and never touch it again. 1Password is a security focused solution though, and the threat landscape is ever changing. We're constantly evaluating that and making adjustments when necessary to best protect against ever evolving situations.

That said, if you've purchased a previous version of 1Password for Mac from the App Store, it will show up in the purchase history of the Apple ID you made that purchase on. Purchases from Apple are tied to the specific Apple ID that the purchase is made under, so it'll only appear while logged into that ID.

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.