New computer -- how to access 1Password?

This discussion was created from comments split from: I cannot restore purchases..

Comments

• aecheverri
    aecheverri
    Community Member

hello... i need your help urgently... I bought a new computer and I need to set up the new computer with the 1 password. Please call me or write me to help me to do this assap because I need access to my passwords

• Hi @aecheverri

We'd be happy to help, but we're missing a few critical details here. Could you please tell me:

1. Do you have a 1Password subscription membership? If not, what have you purchased in terms of 1Password?
    2. Is the new computer a Mac or a Windows PC?
    3. Do you still have access to the old computer and if so do you have access to 1Password on it?

Please let us know. Thanks.

Ben

• aecheverri
    aecheverri
    Community Member

Ben...I really need your help. I answer your questions.\
    1. I do not have a suscription, I just bought the app from the app store
    2. It is a Mac Book Pro
    3. Yes, I still having access to the old computer...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@aecheverri - when you say "app store," did you purchase 1Password on an iOS device, or on your previous Mac? And what version of 1Password (and of macOS) is on your older Mac? How were you syncing your data -- iCloud? Dropbox? Something else?

In general, if you purchased a previous version of 1Password from the Mac App Store, you'll need to visit the Purchased section of the Mac App Store to download the older version. Do not download/install 1Password 7, as this is the latest version and is not what you purchased.

This discussion has been closed.