removing my 1p7 vault from my dropbox folder

lopezcalling
lopezcalling
Community Member

Now that I have my 4 computers all running 1P7.2.2 and synching in the Agile/Apple cloud, can I drag my 1Password vault out of the Apps folder in my Dropbox folder? That is, will my 1P7.2.2 data disappear if i do this? I disconnected 1Password from Dropbox about two weeks ago but disconnecting does not remove the vault from my Dropbox/Apps folder.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: don't see any
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:removing my 1p7 vault from my dropbox folder

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lopezcalling - can I ask: what is the "Agile/Apple cloud?" Do you have a 1password.com account (which uses AgileBits servers) or are you using iCloud (which uses Apple's servers) for sync?

To be as clear as I can be given what you've said, each install of 1Password on a Mac or iOS devices has its own internal SQLite database which contains your encrypted data. Deleting some or all of your data from within the 1Password app will cause those changes to sync and remove the deleted items from your other 1Password apps. But simply manually moving or deleting the file from Dropbox (OPVault or Agile Keychain) won't delete the internal SQLite database, it will simply break sync, since there is nothing left to sync TO...if you were still using Dropbox. However, given what I think you've mentioned, you're no longer using Dropbox as your sync method, so removing those .opvault or .agilekeychain files from Dropbox should have no effect at all upon anything. Hope that's helpful.

• lopezcalling
    lopezcalling
    Community Member

Thanks Lars, I was never sure doing the upgrade to 1P 7 if you guys were talking about synching in the Apple cloud or one maintained by Agile. Right there your second sentence makes it clear that there are two. I have a 1P.com account so it is the latter. I use dropbox to sync Microsoft and Adobe documents between my 4 computers and prior to 1P7, also for my 1Password 6 data. Now that I'm using 1P7, I'm using the Agile cloud and have no need of dropbox for syncing my 1P data. But de-linking the 1Password app from dropbox does not remove that 11MB file from my dropbox folder where it resides in dropbox/app. I'm getting tired of looking at it and would like to just drag that icon to the trash while that folder is open in the finder (not from within 1Password). You have said that should be no problem. Hope you're correct!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lopezcalling - yep, delete away! Let us know if you have any further questions or run into any problems. :)

• lopezcalling
    lopezcalling
    Community Member

OK, thanks Lars

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.