Perpetual licence bought via AppStore and shared via Apple Family Sharing, now not working

Hi, I bought a 1Password 7 perpetual licence via the Apple App Store and shared with my wife via Apple Family Sharing and it was all working fine but now my wife's copy has stopped working and gone into read only mode. Can you help?

I've already emailed [#RHM-99513-187] and Tweeted @1Password but haven't heard anything back (except your polite robot).

Please let me know what's going on.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @FourCandles

I'm sorry for the confusion but we don't sell, and have never sold, 1Password 7 licenses in the App Store. Could you please double check what it was that you purchased?

Ben

• Hi Ben, thanks for getting back to me. You are correct that it was the annual licence I bought, mistaking it for the perpetual licence. My friend bought a perpetual licence for a similar amount so I assumed this was the perpetual licence. My mistake.

With that cleared up can we get to the bottom of why my wife's 1Password, which was downloaded via Apple's Family Sharing, has gone into read-only mode?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

If you're on a 1Password Families membership you'd need to invite her to that membership. Apple's Family Sharing won't do it. 1Password 7 is a freely downloadable app, so Family Sharing doesn't really do anything. All Family Sharing enables is for folks that are part of your Apple family to download apps that you've purchased. Since 1Password is a "free" purchase as far as Apple is concerned Family Sharing isn't really applicable.

You can learn about how to invite her here:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

And then she can learn about how to migrate her data into the 1Password Families service here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

P.S. Just to clarify the difference between a license and a 1Password Families membership: though they do not expire (and are in that way "perpetual") licenses are only for one version, one platform, and one person. 1Password Families includes access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices and allows you and up to 4 additional family members to use 1Password for the subscription price. Additional family members can be added for an additional cost. For the vast majority 1Password membership is going to be the better option, but some folks still prefer the older licensing model. It isn't something we advertise any longer.

• Thanks for the clarification - I'll sort something out.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Glad Ben was able to help. If you have any other questions, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.