I have a 1Password 4 license; how to I install it on my new computer?

roryrabbitfield
roryrabbitfield
Community Member

I have a new MacBook Air. My old computer had 1Password4. How do I reinstall that?

What is the benefit of upgrading to the newest 1Password and how would I do that while maintaining the data that I have in my 1Password4? I sync using dropbox. I use the iPhone app too; will I need to change how that is set up if I upgrade to 1Password 4?

And of course I would need browser extension info for both Chrome and Safari on the Mac.

Thanks!
Rory

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6 Mac OS
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1password 4; how do I download and install that on my new computer?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The current version of 1PW for Mac is 1PW7. This is available using a one-time licence (paid upgrade) or the newer subscription method.

But the upgrade from 1PW4 to 1PW6 is free. While I would not recommend this for long-term use, it may be the best approach short-term. You can download 1PW6 from the Downloads page, towards the bottom.

Do you still have the licence file for 1PW4 or the email giving the file. If so ,it's easy, if not it may be harder.

• roryrabbitfield
    roryrabbitfield
    Community Member

I'm considering doing the subscription model; how would I get my existing data (from 1Password 4.4.3 into the new software if I buy a license?
    Thanks again, Rory (original poster)

• roryrabbitfield
    roryrabbitfield
    Community Member

Help. I really need to an answer here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@roryrabbitfield: I am sorry for the confusion. You contacted us about this 4 months ago. Henry replied and never heard back from you. I believe you also contacted us via Twitter earlier, and we requested that you send some details via email so we could continue to help you with this. Since it looks like you emailed and Jessy has already replied to you again there, I'll close this and we can continue the conversation via email to avoid additional confusion, and slowing down the support process for everyone due to trying to have the same conversation in multiple places with different people simultaneously. Thanks! :)

ref: UGJ-61626-928

And in case it helps anyone else, we have a great guide for migrating existing data to a 1Password.com membership:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

This discussion has been closed.