I have ios version 10.3.3 and my phone says it is upto date. I would very much like 2 factor

I have ios version 10.3.3 and my phone says it is upto date. I would very much like 2 factor authentication. Is there an app in the app store for my phone? (I couldn't see one), or do I have to have 2 factor turned off?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have ios version 10.3.3 and my phone says it is upto date. I would very much like 2 factor

Comments

• 1Password Version: Where do I find that info? I just downloaded the program...so I assume it is the latest
    Extension Version: ? what is this ?
    OS Version: I'm using ios version 10.3.3
    Sync Type: What is this ?
    Referrer: forum-search:I have ios version 10.3.3 and my phone says it is upto date. I would very much like 2 factor

• More information.

the specific version of 1Password you have installed (both the one you had installed previously, and the one you updated to)

Me: I cannot find a version number anywhere in any windows that are open

the specific version of macOS you have installed
    Me: I am using windows 7

the specific version of 1Password extension you're using in both Safari and Chrome (or whatever the most-recent one was)
    the specific version of browser you're using (both Safari and Chrome)

Me: I am using firefox version 63.0.3

what steps you took and where things went wrong - did you get any error messages? Anything else you noticed that seemed relevant to you? How many of your other applications are not working - and what do you mean when you say you cannot open 1Password -- does the app itself not launch? Or can you launch it but not unlock your data? Or something else? Thanks!

When I installed 1password, I must have requested (ticked) for 2 factor authentication. When I went to login (a few days now, after my first install i.e. "first use"); it asked me to put in the (I think it was 6 digit code) code sent to "a device" for authentication. I looked at my phone and there was no message. I went back to this website and I noticed that I much download the "app"? from the app store (for my IPhone). I logged into the app store on my IPhone and it said I needed ios version 12...something. My phone only has version 10.3.3 (yes it is an older phone and no I don't have the money to buy the new $1000+ IPhone. Is there a solution to two factor authentication ?

Thank you,

Mark

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi Mark,

I wish I could give you the answer you were hoping for but unfortunately the answer is no, it is not possible to use two factor authentication for 1Password accounts with 1Password for iOS on iOS 10. Additionally, as a security focused company, our recommendation would always be to run the latest versions of your OS, web browser, and 1Password.

I'm sorry I don't have better news to share.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.