how can i redeem a gift card sent to wrong email address?

Hi there,
I signed up for 1P on the recommendation of my friend on 17 November using one of my email addresses and spent a weekend setting it up across my accounts.
A few days later, my friend sent me a gift card good for 1 year of 1P. However, he sent it to a different email address than the one I used to register (for clarification — I have access to both emails). When I click the link to claim the gift card, the process expects me to make a new account under the second email. I really don't want to have to start over.

The email I received with the gift card does not have a number that starts with GC on it, and I am uncertain how to apply my gift to my actual account. I contacted support some time ago but have not received a reply. I appreciate your help! Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• This was solved by writing directly to [email protected], as the gift card I received was part of that promotion.
    I am adding this in case anyone else has the same problem.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Glad we were able to help you get setup. Happy holidays! :)

• My problem refers to a similar issue where I bought a GC myself, but had a typo in the email address that the GC was supposed to be shipped to. Is there any way to cancel the order or have it re-shipped to the correct email? We are talking about a gmai.com vs. gmail.com typo. Any help would be very much appreciated. I hope it's okay to expand this thread for the issue.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@schanso: Please shoot us an email at [email protected] with the details. I'm sure we can help you get it sorted. :)

• @brenty I did, thanks!

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited January 2019

Great. Our sales team will be in touch ASAP. :+1:

Ben

ref: ACB-26168-897

This discussion has been closed.