Establish WLAN Sync with New Computer - Dissociate Sync with Old Computer

Jimson_Weed
Jimson_Weed
Community Member

Can you please provide me with information on how to enable WLAN syncing of 1Password data between an iPad (with existing 1Password data) and a new computer (Apple laptop). Up to now, I have been successfully syncing data between the iPad and an iMac (desktop) but I would like to decommission the old iMac and now just use and sync between the new laptop and existing iPad. It appears that the iPad will only attempt to sync with the old iMac. How do you remove the association with the old iMac so that I can establish iPad syncing with the new laptop? I am using 1Password 6 standalone. Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jimson_Weed: Easy:

1. Make sure you have all your data on the new Mac
    2. Reset 1Password on the iPad: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/
    3. Setup sync again

:)

• Jimson_Weed
    Jimson_Weed
    Community Member

Thank you Brenty for the reply. I followed your instructions and those found in the link provided but unfortunately I am unable to download and reinstall 1Password 6 iOS (Pro version) that I originally purchased from Apple (App Store) as it is no longer listed. I see 1Password listed within the App Store under "Previous Purchases", but a reload brings me to the 1Password 7. How can I restore to what I had--1Password 6? Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jimson_Weed: As with any App Store app, you'll be able to install version 6 it from your Apple ID purchase history, if that's where you bought it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272#apps

• Jimson_Weed
    Jimson_Weed
    Community Member

Thank you Brenty for the reply. I followed your instructions and those found in the link provided but unfortunately I am unable to download and reinstall 1Password 6 iOS (Pro version) that I originally purchased from Apple (App Store) as it is no longer listed. I see 1Password listed within the App Store under "Previous Purchases", but a reload brings me to the 1Password 7. How can I restore 1Password 6? Thank you.

• Jimson_Weed
    Jimson_Weed
    Community Member

Thank you Brenty for the reply. I followed your instructions and those found in the link provided but unfortunately I am unable to download and reinstall 1Password 6 iOS (Pro version) that I originally purchased from Apple (App Store) as it is no longer listed. I see 1Password listed within the App Store under "Previous Purchases", but a reload brings me to the 1Password 7. How can I restore 1Password 6? Thank you.

• Jimson_Weed
    Jimson_Weed
    Community Member

Brenty I did go into the Apple App Store under "Purchases Not on this iPad" and can find the 1Password app (with a pre version 7 date listed below it in light grey text), but every time I reinstall and open the app, I get the "Welcome to 1Password 7" banner with a prompt to try it free for 30 days message. I have followed all instructions but unfortunately I am unable to download and reinstall 1Password 6 iOS (Pro version) that I originally purchased from Apple (App Store). Plan B? Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jimson_Weed: If you're having difficulty navigating the App Store and your purchases there, you'll need to get help from Apple. I'm not having any trouble installing 1Password 6 from my purchase history there:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272#apps

It's a completely separate app listing from 1Password 7. It sounds like you're clicking on 1Password 7 instead of installing 1Password 6. You cannot, however, install 1Password for iOS version 6 on your Mac, just as you cannot install 1Password for Mac on your iOS devices. Did you maybe not purchase 1Password for Mac version 6 from the Mac App Store when it was available? That would explain why you wouldn't be able to install it now. It isn't available for new purchases since 1Password 7 was released.

• Jimson_Weed
    Jimson_Weed
    Community Member

Was able to resolve. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's great! Thanks for the update. Happy New year! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.