Add port number to URL filter for available logins

124»

Comments

• wsundstrom
    wsundstrom
    Community Member

sigh... I was super happy about 1pass until finding this thread, this is going to cause some friction moving over from google. Count this as another +1 for this issue.

• myheartisrain
    myheartisrain
    Community Member

+1
    Google Chrome does this by default, whitout an option to disable it and there are no issues for me for years.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

+1
    Yep, this is a frustrating thing about 1Password. They should have implemented this by now.

• deecypher
    deecypher
    Community Member

So this thread has been going on since 2018. Since Lastpass got hacked, I jumped ship to 1Password, but I'm disheartened to see that so many features of Lastpass (such as this one), don't exist. Is this on the roadmap for 2023?

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

I don't know if it includes the port (I guess it does), but the current nightly builds+beta browser plugin include more matching rules:

• PeterG_1P
    edited January 2023

True indeed, @tertius3! And well-spotted 😃

We recognize that this feature would improve many folks' workflow, and so we've been working on it. While it's not yet ready for prime time, those who like to live life on the adventurous side can find it implemented in our current Nightly releases. We're looking forward to further improving it and bringing it to a Production build at the right time. Thanks everyone who has provided feedback on this!

• bombask
    bombask
    Community Member

I'm so excited for this! Can't wait for it to go out of beta.

• jcwacky
    jcwacky
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Any movement on this with 1Password 8?

I have multiple services running on my NAS on different ports (via Docker), and it's so annoying that 1Password can't present the relevant login details in the browser dropdown. It could at least make an attempt to put the closet matching one at the top of the list.

The new autofill restriction options in the nightly look nice. But TBH I'd prefer a global "Only autofill if port matches" option, instead of having to adjust the option for every single URL with a port.

• woebags
    woebags
    Community Member

Thank You PeterG_1P. It's taken a while but I'm glad to hear 1Password is working on this.

• mklettner
    mklettner
    Community Member

It's 2023 - lot's of things have changed, but this feature is still a must-have.
    Why do so many people need to beg for such a simple feature?

• jemenake
    jemenake
    Community Member

I don't know, mklettner. We're now 4-5 years since this thread first started, and 1Password still doesn't even promote the matching-port entry to the top of the options, let alone filtering out the non-port-matching entries.

• ggenter
    ggenter
    Community Member

I'm again reviewing this app 4 years after initial comment (since I'm tired of LastPass), but I still can't switch to 1password due to lack of this feature.

I can't believe it's still not implemented and that 1password team doesn't see the benefits for professional users.

• PaidUser0011
    PaidUser0011
    Community Member

Great to see some filtering options. But this is still not implemented?

• chrisarzu
    chrisarzu
    Community Member

Is this not implemented yet?
    It doesn't work in Dashlane, so trying to figure out to which password manager to migrate to.

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member

just discovered this today. usually did without auth at least on my local network as i never exposed much to the web. graduated to doing so recently and this reared its head. makes logging in that much more cumbersome.

unfortunately as ive gathered by reading this.... its been asked for since years ago. Same as having server category items autofill.

wait and hope is where we're at I suppose. that or see what all the bitwarden fuss is about, but that doesnt seem fun either.

• pope523
    pope523
    Community Member

Lack of this feature is making me regret the annual subscription I paid for.

• DieterVonCunth
    DieterVonCunth
    Community Member

Registered just to support this feature request, please add it.

• ggenter
    ggenter
    Community Member

Wow, just tried 1Password again these last few days. Been waiting for this feature for a long time. It is finally available and it works perfectly and even better than LastPass. You can have one entry for multiple urls, and also distinct by ports. Perfect for developers and IT experts.

I'm now in process of switching from LastPass and I'm really satisfied how much 1Password is better.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

@ggenter - are you saying that ports are now supported? ...didn't work for me only a couple of days ago.

• ggenter
    ggenter
    Community Member
    edited September 2023

Yeah, it works for me great.

For each url you can limit it to "only fill on this exact domain". It also works with ports then.

When I go to http://10.51.14.235:7777 I only see one entry, also when I go to http://10.51.14.235 it shows the other one, same for localhost (I have lot's of localhost projects).

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

Fantastic - I thought “only fill on this exact domain” meant exactly that (not domain/port).

• ggenter
    ggenter
    Community Member

Yeah, it is poorly described but works. And I absolutely love the option to have more than one site in one login entry, it makes management much easier. In LastPass this kind of alias or port specific configuration is in deep settings and you need to have multiple login entries anyway so password change or adding another login can be a lot of unnecessery work.

• ludovicchabant
    ludovicchabant
    Community Member

I was looking for a way to fix the OP's issue for logging into all the various services that run on my Synology NAS and yes, I can confirm that changing the Autofill Behavior to "Only fill on this exact domain" works with ports! Thanks 1Password!

The description that says "This item will fill only on <whatever.com>, never on subdomains or parent domains" is a bit misleading. It would be better if it included the port number if the item URL had one.

• @ludovicchabant

Thank you for sharing that the feature is working for you! The team will be happy to hear that you're finding it useful.

For anyone else who'd like to use the same feature you can follow these steps using the 1Password app:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    2. Click on a Login item and click Edit.
    3. Click on the icon next to a website field, then click "Only fill on this exact domain".
    4. Click Save.

You can read more about the autofill behaviour feature here: Change where a login is suggested and filled

I hope that helps!

-Dave