unable to update to v4.08

Options
kq12
kq12
Community Member

I am trying to update through Apple AppStore, and I get an error "use the purchases page to try again". I don't have this problem updating anything else on my MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.
How do I update?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kq12,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

You mention that your computer is running OS X 10.5. Unfortunately 1Password 4 requires 10.8.5. If you are unable to upgrade your operating system, your best bet is to stick with 1Password 3. :)

• @Megan I bet @kq12 meant to say 10.8.5. They wouldn't even have the Mac App Store on their computer if they were still using Leopard. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kq12,

@JasperP is usually right ... I think I had my brain on backwards there for a bit. If you are, in fact on 10.8.5 (which does make a lot more sense!), it sounds like you might have fallen victim to a weird App Store bug. The best thing to do here is to restart the device and try again in a bit. Unfortunately, we don't know what might be causing this, but it is somewhere on Apple's end.

I do apologize for the inconvenience!

• kq12
    kq12
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I meant 10.8.5 OS X. I will restart Mac, go to app store and see what happens.

• kq12
    kq12
    Community Member
    Options

I just rebooted the machine, and I am getting the same error message from the app store. Never had this problem with any other app. Is there another site I can update from?

• @kq12 You could try deleting the 1Password app from your applications folder, then re-downloading it from the Purchases tab of the Mac App Store. And don't worry, removing the app doesn't affect your 1Password data.

• kq12
    kq12
    Community Member
    Options

The app is located in the applications folder and also in another folder ../Applications/1Password.
    Which one should I delete?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kq12,

Again I find myself apologizing for the delay in responding.

If you have multiple copies of 1Password installed, you can remove both. Please let me know if you're still having difficulties (if you use "@Megan" I'll get a notification when you respond so you won't have to spend days waiting for help again!)

This discussion has been closed.