Category Use

Options
HZekez
HZekez
Community Member

How do I move Account from "All" to a Category?

Comments

• Hey @HZekez,

"All Items" includes items from all the categories in one place. If you only want to see the items from one category (ex: Credit Cards), just choose it in the sidebar.

• HZekez
    HZekez
    Community Member
    Options

MECHANICALLY, HOW DO I MOVE FILE ALREADY IN ALL, TO THE CREDIT CARD CATEGORY?

• @HZekez

You can't actually "move" an item from All Items into a category. Every item will be displayed under All Items no matter what.

But if what you're looking to do is change the category of an item (ex: from Login to Credit Card), you can create a new item (CMD + N) and you'll be prompted to select the category for the item, then copy the details from the old item over.

Right now there is no way to easily move items from one category to another. This is something AgileBits is looking at making simpler in the future, but because each item is specially designed with specific default categories (some of which must fill in on web forms), it's no small task. For right now your best option is to copy the information and paste it into a new entry, like I said above.

• @HZekez

You can't actually "move" an item from All Items into a category. Every item will be displayed under All Items no matter what.

But if what you're looking to do is change the category of an item (ex: from Login to Credit Card), you can create a new item (CMD + N) and you'll be prompted to select the category for the item, then copy the details from the old item over.

Right now there is no way to easily move items from one category to another. This is something AgileBits is looking at making simpler in the future, but because each item is specially designed with specific default categories (some of which must fill in on web forms), it's no small task. For right now your best option is to copy the information and paste it into a new entry, like I said above.

This discussion has been closed.