How to replace 1Password data on my Mac with iCloud data

Options
cfibanez
cfibanez
Community Member

How do I replace the data on one of my Macs with the database stored at iCloud?
I do not want to merge the data. Just to replace the local data with the current data in iCloud.
In Preferences, upon clicking the iCloud button, it says that the vault will be uploaded.
I do not want that. I want the data from iCloud to replace what I have in that Mac.
How is this done?
Thanks in advance,
Carlos

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @cfibanez.

Before doing this do you currently have any 1Password data in 1Password 4 that you'd like to save? Is all syncing currently disabled in 1P4? And have you verified that your 1Password data in iCloud is available for 1P4 to use?

To create a new 1P4 database that only contains 1Password data from iCloud you can start over first, then let 1P4 find and use that data during the new setup.

Please let me know if you have any questions about that or would like more help. Thanks!

• jochenneese
    jochenneese
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk, would this approach also be appropriate for my previous question about how to make a shared vault the primary one? This question, albeit open for 9 days now, has unfortunately not been answered by the support team

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @jochenneese.

I apologize for not responding to you about this sooner. Please refer to @Megan's reply about starting over for sharing primary vaults: here. We'll follow up with you there if you have any additional questions or issues.

This discussion has been closed.