Autofill for popups in other software that are not web browsers

Options
mmaca
mmaca
Community Member

Hi,
I am finding 1Password easy to use in browsers but when I need to log into software with a popup login (iTunes for example) I seem to have trouble. If i click on the login i have, because it is linked to the Apple website it goes there. The other workaround seem to be that I have to open the record, copy and paste the username and then do likewise for the password. I am assuming I am doing this wrong and there must be an easier way...if anyone knows or can suggest a better (one click) option I would appreciate it.

Cheers

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @mmaca.

1Password only supports autofill in web browsers. Here's a topic about that:

Feature Request: Saving passwords (system-wide on Mac OS)

So while there's no "one click" option for what you'd like to do, when @leimerlk asked:

but how do I copy and paste a password out of it (like when I am entering my iTunes password in MAS)?

@Stephen_C helpfully suggested:

You know that you can anchor the relevant login entry from Mini? (Highlight the relevant login then the arrow at the right of it. Click on the anchor symbol at the bottom left of the login.) Double clicking on a field of the anchored details should copy the contents of the field to the clipboard.

I hope that's helpful for you, too. :)

Happy Christmas!

This discussion has been closed.