Newly Purchased 1Pwd iPhone cannot find iCloud data from 1Pwd 4.1 Mac

jhhartley
jhhartley
Community Member

I have been using 1Password on 2 Macs (Mountain Lion) for a few weeks now. Syncing between them using iCloud. Decided to purchase it for iPhone (iOS 6). The iPhone version has never been able to find the iCloud data. I have iCloud Documents and Data on. I do not have iCould Backup enabled, because I keep my usage down by backing photos directly to my Mac. My Reminders and other apps sync through iCloud just fine.

On my phone, I can go to iCloud -> Storage and Backup -> Manage Storage, and see the onepassword database there. Why can't 1Password find it? What am I missing?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jhhartley,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting 1Password to see your data on your iOS device. Let's try reinstalling 1Password 4 for iOS:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, if it doesn't automatically find your iCloud data, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via iCloud.

Please let me know how this works!

• jhhartley
    jhhartley
    Community Member

That worked! Found the iCloud data the first time... on the second installation attempt. FYI, didn't need to use the "I've Used 1Password Before" option. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jhhartley,

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out :) If you run into any further snags, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.