Sync issues

Options
philippeb
philippeb
Community Member

I presently use 1password for mac (v3.x I don't remember exactly which one), IOS (last version on IOS 5, v3.7.2) and android (v.1.8.5.2) When they were purchased they all synchronized correctly using dropbox.

I can't seem to sync the 1password on my IOS (ipad) with dropbox anymore. I get an error each time. I see that there is a newer version on the appstore for 10$. I thought that upgrade were free on the appstore! Also the upgrade needs IOS 6 which I cannot install on my first generation iPad.

I had purchased 1password for its wide compatibility between devices and now that is broken by no action on my part.

What will you do to restore functionality between your software that I purchased, and was synchronizing correctly when purchased?

Thank you.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi @philippeb,

Unfortunately, the issue you are seeing is the result of a recent change that Dropbox made to their API. We've written a blog post that should answer most of your questions here: http://blog.agilebits.com/2013/08/08/1password-3-dropbox-sync-faq/

But, the basic gist of things is this: due to these changes, 1Password 3 for iOS can no longer sync via Dropbox. We have created a brand new app (1Password 4 for iOS) which works with Dropbox's new API, however it is only available for devices capable of running iOS 6. I know this is not an ideal situation for someone such as yourself who is still using a first generation iPad, so, I'd like to help you understand why this upgrade is happening. The service that Dropbox is retiring is now over six years old. Like Apple, Dropbox is quickly innovating its products. Sometimes, that means a company needs to retire legacy services in order to continue providing the best products possible. And while we'd love to be able to update 1Password 3 for iOS to make it compatible with Dropbox's new API, we're just not able to. When we launched 1Password 4 for iOS last year, we removed our three previous 1Password 3 for iOS apps from sale to avoid confusing customers. Apps removed from sale cannot be updated.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you, if you have any further questions, I'll do my best to help.

This discussion has been closed.