WiFi Sync doesn't work

oeconom
oeconom
Community Member

Wifi Sync doesn't work anymore
lates 1PW4 on Mac OS X and latest 1PW for iOS.
When opening both apps, no device shows up for pairing.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Any advice?

Thanks,
Felix

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Felix ( @oeconom ),

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Could you please let me know the version of 1Password are you using on your Mac and iOS? I'm also curious if you are syncing data from your Mac to your iOS device or vice versa.

• sumudu
    sumudu
    Community Member

Just installed 1PW 4 Beta on iOS and enabled Wi-Fi Sync on Mac and all passwords were synced in lightning fast.

• emanuel
    emanuel
    Community Member

Hi all,

I just experienced the same problem.

Is this bug reproducible?

Yes but sadly it's an intermittent one. It happens when I'm trying to initiate a WiFi sync on my new iPad (3d generation) iPad Air.

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices?

iPad (3d generation) and iPad Air: both are running on iOS 7.0.4 and the latest 1Password App V 4.5b24
    On the Mac Mac OS X 10.9.1 is running and 1Password 4.1.2.BETA-3 (412003)

A quick summary of the bug:

I can find my computer in the Wi-Fi Sync menu inside the app but when I'm clicking on sync it's written sync started but it will never end syncing.

Detailed Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it:

Click on Window->Wi-Fi Sync in the desktop app.
    Open 1Password app on the iPad -> Tap on the settings icon -> Sync -> Wi-Fi Sync -> Tap on my Mac Book -> Tap on Sync Now

After of a couple of restarts of the iPad app as well as the Mac OS X it works again.

Sorry for not being able to give you a description that's reproducible all the time.

• Good morning @emanuel. Thanks for the detailed report, that rocks! I'll make sure we've got an issue open for it. Is there an OS X firewall in the mix anywhere for you?

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

• Mark Schulman
    Mark Schulman
    Community Member

I just installed 1Password on my iPhone 5s and I have the same problem (no wifi sync possible). But the difference from the OP is that I have never been able to sync. When I do this :

Open 1Password app on the iPad -> Tap on the settings icon -> Sync -> Wi-Fi Sync

… there is no listed Mac to tap on.

These are not betas so maybe this is the wrong place to post. No firewall involved….

• Good morning Mark, I will follow up with you via our non-beta support channel. You should see an email come in from support@agilebits.com soon.

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.