cnet download alert for 1 Password??

Options
bljdb
bljdb
Community Member

Why do I see updates available from cnet using their automated "download alert" service for 1 password? I just got another one for version 4.1.2.b3, which I'm guessing is a beta? I've received other updates in the past, (which I don't recall as being betas), and I've never installed them as I don't see updates listed on the agile bits website or in mac app store. I also couldn't find in preferences a place to check for updates within the app. I took a screen shot of the portion of the email showing the most recent update listed but I don't yet see a place to upload that in case anyone is interested. Anyone??

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

Updates are here to include for betas. Betas are only available on the web version as the App Store doesn't allow betas. Like wise the following screen shot is only available from the web version. The Mac App Store handles all the notifications and updates for that version.

Yep the "b" as in 4.1.2.b3 does indicate beta status.

As to cnet showing it as an update I have no clue. I don't know how their system works. It could be user reported for all I know. I think it may be best to ask them about it.

Maybe another user here knows ?

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower
    How did you get that screenshot uploaded to the forum. I can't see anywhere on this forum which has a button to upload a screenshot?
    Thanks in advance

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

In order to upload a screenshot you must first host it on a third party site. You can then link to it using the image url button when preparing a post.

Stephen

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

@DoNotStaple

You need to use a 3rd party service like @Stephen_C mentioned I use Glui (Available in the Mac App Store ) with Dropbox. Then use the URL button.
    *The reason I mention Glui is I have had the best results with it. I have tried direct link to Dropbox (with the screenshot upload feature) but sometimes the forum breaks them and I cannot use them. Plus Glui allows insertion of Arrows, Text etc.

I have also used Droplr and it works well. If you choose Droplr use the direct link and not the preview link. A preview link will fail. Its been so long since I used it. I can recall the specifics. :( Sorry about that.

When entering a URL be careful afterwards the forum software always places my cursor in the wrong location and its easy to break the URL.

• bljdb
    bljdb
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the info - including how to upload screenshots! Bonus!!

This discussion has been closed.