Custom Field wierdness with Server item, Dropbox sync

Options
tullyhansen
tullyhansen
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

Edge case I know, but… as family IT support I used to keep info on a bunch of Macs I might be called to troubleshoot as individual Secure Notes. After 1P4's release (MAS) I thought I might try retrofitting the (new?) Server item with a bunch of custom fields and sections for things like model, OS version, etc. However, on syncing Mac > iPhone (with Dropbox) many of the fields I've renamed revert to their original designation.

In an attempt to work around this, I tried starting from an blank Server item, deleting all existing fields and added all my own custom fields. Even without sync, it appears that saving and re-editing seems to (intermittently?) cause some of the original fields and sections to reappear in place of some of my new ones.

Any thoughts? Or just put it down to 4.0 blues and see if it improves down the line? Would love to hear alternative solutions if anyone's doing something similar for storing machine info.

Comments

• Hi @tullyhansen,

It's the blues. There's a bug where syncing with Dropbox and making changes on the iOS will sync it back with the default template included if it was removed. I'd leave the default sections alone and keep doing what you want. Create a blank item with your custom layout, so that you can duplicate more items from this blank item as an item template.

We're working on fixing it as soon as possible.

• tullyhansen
    tullyhansen
    Community Member
    Options

(Belated) thanks for this, Mike. This is exactly what I've done.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Mike, you are quite welcome! :)

I wish I had a time frame for this, but it is still on our radar.

Keep us posted if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.