Unable to see multiple vaults from iPhone

tapidorka
tapidorka
Community Member

I have created two vaults from my Macbook Air (running OS X 10.9), and am using Dropbox sync to access a vault created by a colleague. I can see all three vaults on my laptop, but when I use the master password to log in on my iPhone (iOS 7), I only see the Primary vault. If I try to type in the password for the other vaults it simply won't let me log in.

All these vaults were recently set up using 1Password 4.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Comments

• Jasper
    edited November 2013

@tapidorka Multiple vaults aren't yet supported in the iOS app. Currently only available in 1Password 4 for Mac, coming to iOS in a future update.

• fccjr
    fccjr
    Community Member

I thought I remembered this but it is nowhere in the knowledge base or tutorials or information on the website. I ought not have to search for it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tapidorka and @fccjr,

Unfortunately @JasperP is right: multiple vaults aren't yet available for iOS. Thanks so much for your feedback here. I do apologize for the trouble here: we've been working on getting our documentation updated fully for 1Password 4, but unfortunately we're not quite there yet. I'll be sure to pass this along - we certainly don't want to confuse users.

I can promise you though that multiple vaults for iOS is high on our priority list, and our developers are working hard to make this feature available to everyone just as soon as possible!

• MikeMason
    MikeMason
    Community Member

Just started this, and never actually posted on a forum before so not sure the form but...

I bought 1pwd, and it is installed on my Mac, my assistant's mac, and my iphone. She created a shared vault which I have access to. On my iPhone now I can't see my primary vault, (dropbox sync) only the shared vault. Happy to only see one vault (for now) but how do I choose which vault to see?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MikeMason,

Welcome to the forums! Don't worry, it took me a while to get used to things here too, but it looks like you're doing fine so far. :)

Generally, the iOS app is set up to see the primary vault. If this isn't the case, we'll need to take a closer look at your system so that we can help 1Password point the iOS app at the correct vault. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Robert A Hochberg
    Robert A Hochberg
    Community Member

Hi I am having this same issue. I wanted to be able to select a different vault but am not seeing where to do so. Is there any update on this?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Unfortunately not yet. A lot of us are still eagerly waiting.

• sbobcat
    sbobcat
    Community Member

I wish I had know that I could not select a different vault on IOS before purchasing this application. It should be a simple change in the IOS application (Or Android for that matter) to select a different vault from dropbox. I am setup with two vaults. One is mine and one is shared with my wife, the one shared with my wife is through dropbox, so there is NO WAY for me to put it in the location in my wives dropbox without breaking the sync - and the whole point - of having the shared vault. This now makes access on my wives iPhone and iPad completely worthless and a waste of the $10 on top of the $70 I just spent for the "Family Pack". Please correct this error, it should not be hard to put an update out to select the vault location in IOS.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sbobcat,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience here. I understand how frustrating it is that this feature is not yet available cross-platform, and I do apologize. Our development team is working hard to get multiple vaults polished up and ready for its debut on iOS. Unfortunately, implementing a major feature like multiple vaults is not a simple matter, but we are lucky enough to have an amazingly talented team on it, and they'll have it ready just as soon as possible!

One is mine and one is shared with my wife, the one shared with my wife is through dropbox, so there is NO WAY for me to put it in the location in my wives dropbox without breaking the sync - and the whole point - of having the shared vault.

I just want to be sure that I understand you correctly here: are you having difficulty seeing even your primary vault via the iOS app? By default 1Password 4 for iOS should pick up your primary vault in Dropbox. We can point the iOS app at your shared vault if you prefer, but it's not something that can be easily switched back and forth.

Again, you have my apologies for the trouble - if you have any further questions, I'm happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.