Problem with missing items from a shared vault

Options
barrrt
barrrt
Community Member

Hi,

Both I and my friend (let’s call him K) are using 1Password for OSX (latest version from the App Store - ver. 4.1). We both use Mavericks. We both have our primary vaults on our respective private Dropbox accounts.

We also have a shared Dropbox folder to use for a project we are collaborating on. I created a secondary vault in that folder and added two items to it. Few days later, K added this vault as his secondary vault by double clicking it. Both I and K can switch between our respective vaults and the shared vault without problems, but… he can only see one of the two items I added to the shared vault.

Last night, K added few more items to the shared vault. When I look at the shared vault today, I still only see the two original items I added and none that he added. Dropbox reports all files synced, and when I dig into the shared vault’s folder I can see few files added last night.

It gets stranger… when I duplicate the shared vault to my desktop, rename it to Test, then add it as another shared vault, I can see… only one of my original items added (the same one he sees), and one of the handful of things he added yesterday (but not all of them). The exact same thing happens when I try 1Password Anywhere directly on Dropbox’s we site.

Any thoughts on how to make the shared vault work correctly?

Thanks,

Bart

Comments

• Ricky Lee Whittemore II
    Options

I have also been having similar issue. Sent in two diagnostic reports on Thursday.

• barrrt
    barrrt
    Community Member
    Options

An update… I also tried to access the shared vault from my secondary computer (also running Mavericks with 1Password 4.1). This laptop appears to sync my primary vault’s entries (all 850+ of them) correctly. When I add the shared vault that is on Dropbox by double clicking it in Finder, however, I can only see the first of the two items I added, and the first item added by K. This is the same subset of what should be there, that I can see on my desktop computer when I duplicate the shared vault to another folder (as per message above).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @barrt and Ricky,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Our developers are currently tracking a bug where the Mac App Store version of 1Password (latest version 4.1) loses permission to sync after re-starting the computer. The solution is to re-set sync to re-enable permissions. We hope to have this properly squashed soon, and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

However, it sounds like you might be experiencing something a bit more unique there, Bart. If you are still seeing strange syncing behaviour, could you (and K) please send us a Diagnostics Report each?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.