No autosave login comes up when trying to create login for OnStar

Hi... Using either version 3.9.3 of the Safari Extension for 1Password or the newer 3.9.4 (checked and found a newer version of the extension) when I turn on "Ask to save new logins" and I go to a new account I just set up for OnStar, when I manually enter my username and password, no request to save the login ever comes up... Once before for a different website, I had at some previous time put that website in the "don't save in these domains" and I sent you guys on a wild goose chase until you had me check that list... Not wanting to do that again, I checked that list this time and there is nothing in that list related to OnStar... It just doesn't come up and ask to autosave... Thoughts???

thanks... bob...

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi Bob,

Can you provide the URL for the actual Login form? There are some things that websites can do which block autosave. In those cases, you should be able to manually save. I will have a better answer once I have a chance to look at the actual Login page, though.

Thanks!
  • diitto
    diitto
    Community Member
    Hi Khad... Here is the login link you requested...

https://www.onstar.com/web/portal/home

I did go ahead and make a manual login for this site so I'm good from that point of view... Again, it's only my goal to try to help in some small way so you guys can make a great program even better... thanks... bob...
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for letting us know about this. It does appear that they are using some JavaScript which prevents autosave. I will pass this along to the developers to see if there is anything we can do. In the meantime, you can save a Login manually as you did. :)

We appreciate the feedback!
  • diitto
    diitto
    Community Member
    You are most welcome... bob...
  • Mike Molloy
    Mike Molloy
    Community Member

Has this issue been addressed by developers? I am still unable to get 1Password to see that I'm logging in here and offering to save a password. And though I've manually saved the login, it doesn't fill in...

Using: https://my.gm.com/web/portal/login/onstar

Thx
    m

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with the OnStar login. The good news is that our developers have been able to address this issue. We've tested the 1Password 4 extension on this site and it does prompt you to save a new Login.

As far as 1Password 3 goes, I was able to manually create a Login that would open and fill as expected, although it will not submit. Are you not seeing any filling at all?

• dwain0wilder
    dwain0wilder
    Community Member

Hi Megan,

I occasionally have problems with 1Password 3.8 not autosaving passwords too. Would it not be better to just cut to the chase and add a place on the toolbar icon's dropdown panel for manually stimulating or entering a registration of a new site and password? Much easier than cranking up the app, creating a new login manually and carefully moving over username, password, site name and url.

I understand the problems with maintaining legacy software, but this seems like a really simple concept: if 1password autosave doesn't work all the time, so give the user a manual backdoor right in the panel where it should be working. Can you do that?

For the record, here is one place where a new registration doesn't stimulate Version 3.8.21 (build 32009) to autosave: https://www.aarproadside.com/aarp/register.do

I'm running firefox 26.0 on a MacBook MacOs 10.6.8:
    Model Name: MacBook
    Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
    SMC Version (system): 1.17f0

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dwain0wilder,

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't asking to autosave some Logins for you. But you certainly do not have to go to the main app to create a new Login! Here's how to manually save a new Login using the browser extension:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the + button in the corner.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

Please let me know how this works for you!

• dwain0wilder
    dwain0wilder
    Community Member

Hi Megan, Thanks, I'll remember that next time the issue comes up. I can't find a website to which I can simply sign up right now, to test it out. I vaguely remember (using my so-called memory!) trying that "+" in the past, to no effect. But I'll try to remember your tip. Thanks!

• dwain0wilder
    dwain0wilder
    Community Member

Hi again, Megan,

It works! Found a couple of sites to try this on. Thanks again.

Dwain

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Dwain ( @dwain0wilder ),

Thanks for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I'm so glad that things are working for you :)

Happy Holidays!

This discussion has been closed.