Registering licenses

Options
stuash
stuash
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

I received a notice of a new update to 1P4 from CNET and downloaded and installed aBeta version 4.2.0 (3B) and replaced version 4.1.1 previously downloaded, I think, from the Agile store that had been working well for months. It seems that my new downloaded Beta version is a trial version that I will have to buy in 30 days to continue to use.

When I attempted to download my licenses I got two licenses, both for 1P3, < Keys removed from open forums by moderator ~thightower > .

I can't store these licenses in wither my Finder's Documents or Downloads folder or in 1P4. I wasn't charged for installing 1P4 on my recently purchased Macbook Air using OSX 10.8.5 (I had purchased 1P2 and updated to 1P3 on two older Macs using OSX 10.6.8) and do not now want to pay for 1P4 for my Macbook Air unless I wasn't charged in error when I installed it months ago when it was first released. Please help me unravel this, to me, complicated mess. Thanks.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

@stuash

I removed your license keys from the open forums. An Admin will probably need to help you with this. Or you can submit a support email to support@agilebits.com They would be the only ones whom could look at billing etc.

Both of your keys before I pulled them were 1PW2 type that indicates that they were for 1P2 and or 1Password 3 when the team were giving those keys out during the grace period between 1Password 2 and 1Password 3.

Also please note the key you listed for both 1Password 2 and 1Password 3 are identical indicating you really did purchase during the grace period during the transition to 1Password 3 from 1Password 2.

1Password 4 is a paid upgrade and I think they are still giving discounted upgrades.

EDIT :

I used the key provided and went to the web store, that key allows you to upgrade to a single user license for $24.99 and a family license (5 users) is $34.99 just incase you by chance wished to change you mind. The Macs if they are still on 10.6.8 do throw a wrench into this. As 1Password 4 requires 10.8 at a minimum. You can however continue to use 1Password 3 and 1Password 4 in tandem should you wish to do so.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stuash,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password lately, and I'll do my best to get this sorted for you as soon as possible!

I took a look in our back office records under the email address attached to your forum account and was able to find a single user license for 1Password 3 purchased in 2009. If you have an additional license under an additional account, please send me a private message with alternate names/email addresses to search (or simply send both license keys to make things even easier!)

If you haven't purchased a license for 1Password 4, it sounds like you may have been using a trial version. @thightower is right, now is a great time to upgrade: in addition to our usual upgrade discounts, we've added an extra discount to celebrate our award-winning year. :)

This discussion has been closed.