Password update not working

Options
radrat
radrat
Community Member

I really like the idea of this new feature that allows me to update stored credentials when I change / update a password. However, I haven't been able to use it successfully on Mac OS 10.9.1 / Chrome. This is how to replicate this issue:

1) log on to an existing site with credentials stored in 1Password
2) go to "change password": these forms typically include one field for the old password and two fields for the new password
3) user 1P's password generator to create and fill in a new password
4) submit the change
5) after submitting, 1P asks whether the credentials should be updated with the new password. However, it reads the existing password from the form, not the new one.
6) To store the actual new password I have to look up the generated password history, retrieve the last item for the current domain and manually edit the corresponding entry.

Is this a known issue and does anybody know if there's an easy fix?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @radrat,

Thanks so much for your feedback here. What you describe is a known issue and our developers are working hard to get this bug squashed as soon as possible! I'll admit, I was quite excited to see the option to update an existing password, and I can't wait for it to behave a bit more reliably.

Until we get this bug straightened out, please update your Logins manually. By default the 'Fill' button on the password generator will copy the password to your clipboard. Simply edit the Login and paste the password in the appropriate field.

I do apologize for the inconvenience here!

This discussion has been closed.