how to handle conflicts

Options
pinpoint007
pinpoint007
Community Member
edited December 2013 in iOS

I just got a new iPad today and loaded up 1Password. It automatically started syncing to iCloud (which I had used once a while back to test out). Then without thinking about it, I turned on sync for Dropbox, since that is my preferred method. But obviously my iCloud and dropbox keychains were out of sync! It would have been nice to have a warning or an option to not sync to iCloud when I installed it on my iPad.

anyway, I have a host of conflicts now for my iPad, iPhone, and macbook. I'm wondering if the best way to handle this is to load a backup on my mac. But when I did that, I ran into the same problem on my iPad. It started syncing to iCloud automatically and I got conflicts again. What do you all think?

thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi @pinpoint007,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with conflicts. We've had a few users run into this issue, and we'll see what we can do to improve this behaviour in the future.

Now, if you haven't made any changes to your database since this conflict issue arose, restoring from a backup is probably your best option. However, there is an extra step you want to include when re-setting your iOS devices that will remove the data from iCloud. Please be sure that you have disabled sync on all devices before restoring from the backup. Then, to start fresh on your iOS devices:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html

(Please note that deleting the 1Password data in Documents and Data is removing only the sync data from the device, and has no effect on the 1Password data stored in iCloud.)

• Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via Dropbox

Please let me know how this goes for you!

• pinpoint007
    pinpoint007
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, thanks for the feedback.

I had already made some changes since the last backup (I think) so I decided to just manually update my logins. Luckily, there is a smart filter for "conflicts" so I was able to list out just those problem logins. It took some time, but since I figured it was OK to resolve it manually since I had the time. I hope for future users though that there is a better way to warn them of this kind of problem.

thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pinpoint007,

Thanks for letting me know that you're all sorted out! Again, I'm sorry that it was a bit of a process for you - if you run into any further snags, please let us know, we're happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.