Address Field Bug in Identities

Options
ponchobarragan
ponchobarragan
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Hello,
First of all I would like to say that I absolutely love 1Password and have been depending on it for several years, it is probably the tool app I use the most! I would just like to say that there is something that has been bugging me a lot lately since the latest updates. In identities I have several of my addresses there. I use this a lot to the copy and pasting. So whenever I "hover" the mouse above a field such as first name,default phone, a copy bubble appears so I can copy the field content just by clicking on it. Whenever I hover above the address though, nothing appears. If I try to click on a field, nothing appears either. I can't select either without clicking the Edit button. The only field I can quick-copy in that area is the Label that actually says "Address" which is pretty much useless. Is this any way to fix this? This is something I use A LOT and this issue is making me lose a lot of time actually so it is very important to me. Thank you very much!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ponchobarragan,

Thanks so much for the kind words about 1Password! I'm not sure why that hover button isn't available in the address field of identities, but I've filed a bug report for you :) Our tech gurus should be able to get that sorted out for you soon - we really appreciate your patience.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @ponchobarragan.

In 1P mini, you can click or use the Return (Enter) key to copy street, city, and other subfields of an address field from the 1P main app. For example, with these item details in 1P main:

… you'll see and can copy this in 1P mini:

The general issue is that multi-line fields in 1P main (like address) currently can't be directly copied.

• ponchobarragan
    ponchobarragan
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Megan and sjk, 1p mini works fine. It just seems weird that I cannot copy a multiline field in the 1P main. At least I should be able to copy each "part" of the field like in 1p mini. For example if hovering over the street part of the address, be able to copy that part, or if hovering over the city part of the address being able to copy that, etc. That would make a lot more sense than not being able to deal with multi-line fields and having to instead click Edit, then select and copy, then click cancel each time I want to copy a field to my clipboard.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @ponchobarragan.

Support for copying subfields of an address field in the main app item details, of course without entering Edit mode, is certainly something we're considering. :)

• ponchobarragan
    ponchobarragan
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, hope the feature makes it to a future upgrade! As I said I love the 1password solution and believe it to be an essential app! Best wishes for 2014!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the kind words, @ponchobarragan. We're so glad you like 1Password and we'll do our best to make it even more user friendly! :)

This discussion has been closed.