Quick Unlock Code only works from the Recents Screen

ChristopherS
ChristopherS
Community Member

I have 4.0.0b7 installed on Android 4.4.2 with a quick unlock code enabled.

Scenario:

1) launch 1Password after device reboot

2) enter master password

3) app is unlocked and I can access my data

4) bring another Android app into the foreground (I didn't exit 1Password)

5) immediately switch back to 1Password from the homescreen (not the recents list)

I have to enter the master password again to open 1Password.

If I do the exact same, except in #5 I switch to 1Password from the recents list, I am asked for the quick unlock code.

Is this by design? I would expect the quick unlock code to work so long as I have not exited 1Password or the time period in the settings has not expired.

Comments

• nevrozel
    nevrozel
    Community Member

For me it works as it should, it always shows the quick unlock code screen, no matter how I switch back to 1password. Using Beta 7 on a Moto X with 4.4 KitKat.

• ChristopherS
    ChristopherS
    Community Member

Interesting. Thanks for that info. I'll keep an eye on this and watch it for future betas. I am on a 2013 Nexus 7, by the way, 100% stock android.

• Hi @ChristopherS! Thanks for reporting this issue, I was unable to reproduce it on my Nexus 7 (2012) running Android 4.4.2.

Does this happen all the time? Or does it happen when you have a lot of applications running with limited resources available?

I will continue to try to reproduce this issue and will be keeping a close eye on this problem. If you are able to record a video of this bug in action, please send it over to: support+androidbeta@agilebits.com

Thanks in advance! Happy New Year! :)

• ChristopherS
    ChristopherS
    Community Member

Hi @saad.

I spent a little more time on this today, and I am now unable to reproduce the problem!

I did a fresh power off/power on of my Nexus 7 and the quick unlock code correctly worked when I swapped back to 1Password either from the recents list or from my home screen (after it had been opened for the first time and I entered my master password).

I absolutely did observe the problem, as I described above. But, to date, I now cannot reproduce it.

So, I will keep testing and if I have anything more to add to this specific issue in the future I'll post a follow-up here.

Chris

• @ChristopherS: That's great news. Definitely let us know if you run into the same issue. Thanks for confirming! :)

This discussion has been closed.