Folder Sync for 1PW iOS?

Options
BKRainer
BKRainer
Community Member

Hello, i am using the trial version of 1PW for Mac OS X and it really works fine.

Now i try to find out if 1PW Mac together with 1PW for iOS will fit my requirements.

1. Due to security reasons i want to sync locally on my Synology NAS. (CloudStation or OwnCloud).
  2. I have to use 1PW Anywhere (Browser version) at my work due to the fact that i cannot install a windows version at work. But i have access to my own cloud.

Works the option folder sync together with 1PW for iOS?

I know the easier solution would be iCloud or Dropbox. But on iCloud i cannot access the keychain for 1PW Anywhere and dropbox i do not want to use for security reasons.

This is main issue for me to buy the software.

Many thanks.

Best regards,

BKRainer

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BKRainer,

Thanks for testing 1Password, I'm so glad that you're enjoying it so far! At this point, folder sync is not available for iOS. If you would prefer to keep your data off of services such as iCloud and Dropbox, I completely understand. We know that non-cloud sync options are important to many users. Please give our new Wi-Fi sync a try and see if that suits your needs :)

• BKRainer
    BKRainer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Many thanks for the fast reply.

How do i start WiFi-Sync. Is it starting automatically when the Mac and iOS-Debive is in the same WLAN? Or do i have to start it manually?

Is it planned to implement folde- sync in an iOS-Version?

Best regards,

BKRainer

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BKRainer,

The instructions for getting set up with Wi-Fi Sync are here. Please keep in mind that the Wi-Fi sync here has been completely re-designed in 1Password 4 and is still a relatively new process. It is manual and both devices must be on the same network to sync, but our developers are looking for ways to make this more convenient, while keeping it as secure as possible.

As far as I know, there are no immediate plans to implement Folder Sync for iOS at this time.

This discussion has been closed.