1Password + 10.9 + Chrome = 1Password login box off screen [confirmed, will fix]

claussen
claussen
Community Member
edited January 2014 in Mac

I've noticed that 1Password 4.1.1 (411001), with 10.9, the 1Password window in Chrome will often display the passwords off screen. Prior to 10.9, this would show up on the adjacent display. I notice this more frequently on displays in portrait, but even on my 27" Thunderbolt in landscape.

To reproduce:

1. Open Chrome so it fills the window, or make it full screen
  2. cmd \ to pull down the 1Password box or select the 1P extension
  3. select an option with the triangle pointing to the right - i.e. Logins
  4. you're now blind.

Workaround: resize Chrome (I use SizeUP so this is easy) to only use 1/2 of the screen. Now the 1P box is in the middle of the screen with plenty of real estate for displaying info.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there a fix?

Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 - latest as of posting
1Password 4.1.1 (411001) - latest as of posting
OSX 10.9.1 - latest as of posting

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @claussen,

Thanks for providing such a detailed report! Unfortunately, this is a known issue that our developers have been working on fixing for a while now. I've added the information you included in our bug tracker, and we'll do our best to get this working better for you soon. :)

• claussen
    claussen
    Community Member

Hi @Megan,

Is there a way to be notified when this issue is resolved, or be part of the beta for this feature?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @claussen.

Resolution of this bug will likely be mentioned in 1Password 4 for Mac Release Notes, initially with Show betas enabled when fixed in a beta release, and this removed from Known Issues in 1Password 4 for Mac:

• If you're using multiple displays, using ⌘\ (Cmd-) may bring up 1Password mini on the wrong screen or be cut off at the edge.

Since you're currently using 4.1.1 (non-MAS website version) switching to using a beta is quite easy:

Where to get new betas

No guarantee when "your" bug will be fixed but there may be others beta changes you'd like to get in on. :)

This discussion has been closed.