serious problem: "clear clipboard" doesn't work

Options
lpn
lpn
Community Member
edited December 2013 in iOS

As the title says, clear clipboard doesn't work. This is iP 4.3.2 on iOS 7. When selecting some amount of time different than "Never" (say "1 min") for "clear clipboard" the content of the clipboard (password copied from 1P to be pasted elsewhere) is available even after that amount of time, even after 1P is closed and even after restart of the phone. This is an obvious problem, please fix.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

The clipboard clears properly for me after the 90 second interval I set. This is on my iPad with version 4.3.2 also. At least no option to paste into a document presents itself after that interval.

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member
    Options

Doesn't work for me; iPhone 5S, iOS 7.0.4, 1P 4.3.2. Just tried with 90 sec too, waited much more than that, still not cleared, restarted, still not cleared.

@hawkmoth: do you have any of the newest iPads, with 64-bit A7 processor? It could be issue with the 64-bit platform (I don't remember having this problem with the 4S that I had, and I've seen other software having problems on 64-bit devices).

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

My test was in the new iPad Air. I didn't try it on my iPhone 5.

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member
    Options

Well, the iPad Air has the same processor as my 5S, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Let's see what the Agilebits folks would say about this.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lpn,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Unfortunately, we're not able to re-create this issue on our end either. I've tried with my iPhone 4s, and a colleague tested the new iPad, and both behaved as expected.

I'm not quite sure why you are seeing different behaviour on your device... Just out of curiosity - is your device jailbroken?

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

@Megan: my iPhone can't be jailbroken (there is no jailbreak for iOS 7 yet, so iPhone 5S can't possibly be jailbroken as of now). I can reproduce this over and over again, but I am not sure what is causing it. If there are any settings that I need to look at, please let me know.

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I spoke to soon, since my last post, there was a jailbreak for iOS 7 released; but my device is not jailbroken.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lpn,

Thanks for confirming that for me! Just to get a bit more information here, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

IOS: Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics

Please edit the email address to read: support+forum@ agilebits .com and include a short description of the issue, along with the forum topic title and your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

I can't guarantee that this Report will let us know where this issue is coming in, but we'll know better once we take a look :)

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member
    Options

This fixed itself after restoring the iPhone and all apps.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lpn,

I'm so glad that you were able to get the problem sorted out - although I do apologize that it was such a process for you.

Please let me know if this issue resurfaces again!

This discussion has been closed.