Gestures

Options
Kevllar
Kevllar
Community Member
edited January 2014 in Android

Here are some of my suggestions:

1. On iOS you could swipe an item in the list to reveal a few icons to favourite, login or copy. On Android this is found in the ellipsis (...) on the right of each object. I think I like the iOS implementation. Any reason for the change on Android? I can't see why it's better. Or perhaps change is coming? I'd be interested to know.

2. Swipe from the top to reveal a Search Bar. Or pull down on a list to reveal a la iOS.

3. If 2 is implemented... Remove the magnifying glass and please add a + to the toolbar (beside the sync button) to add a new item.

4. Pull down on any list to refresh. Pretty much like Twitter.

That's all for now! Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Kevllar,

In response to your first suggestion, I would say that we are attempting to strike a balance between using native Android conventions and maintaining consistency across platforms (our own unique identity). Based on the feedback that we receive during beta testing (thank you), we make tweaks and adjustments to better achieve that balance. I will include these suggestions for discussion in our next design review. Feel free to share any additional suggestions that you might have.

This discussion has been closed.