Attachments do not open on iPad or iPhone

Jonathan_YOW
Jonathan_YOW
Community Member

Attachments are not opening on iPad or iPhone - this used to work perfectly well on earlier versions of 1P. Anybody with thoughts on a fix? Thank you.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jonathan_YOW,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble viewing attachments in 1Password on your iOS device.

• What version of 1Password are you currently using?
    • Are you having this problem with all attachments, or are there a select few that are misbehaving?
    • What are you using to keep your devices in sync?
  • Jonathan_YOW
    Jonathan_YOW
    Community Member

I'm using the latest version of the app, occurs with all attachments on iPad and iPhone, does not occur on the desktop version, using dropbox to sync.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014

Hi @Jonathan_YOW,

Could you please let me know the version number of 1Password for iOS, just to confirm that you are on the latest available version? I'd also like to know what version number of 1Password you are using on your desktop, and the version number of your operating system.

I'd also like you to test a couple of things for me.

Test 1:

• On your Mac, duplicate an entry with an attachment
    • Allow Dropbox to sync
    • Is this duplicated attachment viewable?

Test 2:

• Create a new entry on your desktop and add an attachment
    • Allow Dropbox to sync
    • Can you open this attachment on your iOS device?
  • Jonathan_YOW
    Jonathan_YOW
    Community Member

It is version 4.3.2. When I copy the entry with attachment, it only copies without the attachment. When I reattach the attachments to the duplicate entry, they are visible. Attachments are also visible on new entries. So I guess it is just a matter of recreating.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jonathan_YOW,

Unfortunately we did have a bug in earlier versions of 1Password where the attachments were not imported correctly. Recreating these attachments might be the easiest way to get this solved.

I do apologize for the inconvenience here.

This discussion has been closed.